Well there may be a few different methods to break in a EDF (electric ducted fan) RC Jet, to get the best performance and reliability. When asked the question to the manufacturer, this was their response.

I will be honest with you. I did not remove the EDF unit and put locktight on it etc. It requires hacking up my fully sick RC jet which is just too nice to hack-up. I'm going to take the risk that a blade won't fly off ( touch wood ).
But I did throttle up and throttle down to hear or feel anything out of the norm. It sounded fine, to me anyway.
It terms of pre-flight checks, make sure there is NO slop on the control surfaces. That the linkages are the same length, resulting in the elevators being straight and level with each other. Keep your antennae away from the ESC and servo wires to minimize interference. Do a range check. Make sure your control surfaces are moving in the right direction. Up is up and left is left.
Test everything again.........then throw.....................!!!!!

Next Up - The Maiden Flight

0 comments



Recommended Money Makers

  • Chitika eMiniMalls
  • WidgetBucks
  • Text Link Ads
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates