The maiden flight of my RC F-35 EDF jet was short and sweet. Sweet, meaning I had a safe landing when all of a sudden the EDF unit cut out. Thank the RC gods, I had some height to line up for a descent landing.
First thought when I took a closer inspection of the F-35, was the cheapo battery that comes with it, can't hold a decent charge. I used the cheapo one because if I did crash I didn't want to puncture one of my better LiPo batteries.
BUT..... upon even closer inspection in my "RC domain/shed" I realized the wire that goes from your ESC to your receiver to provide power to your servos had been SUCKED UP by the EDF unit. Resulting in the wire being cut in half. Resulting in unsuspecting loss of power.
It could of been alot worse though. The wire could have actually been wound up by the blades thus sucking up the whole ESC and spitting it out the other end with a busted up EDF unit and TOTAL loss of control of the RC jet. I have heard of this happening.
Anyway, the short time I did fly my RC Jet I realized that it is pretty fast for a EDF virgin,really sensitive on the roll but otherwise fly's like it's on rails. Just need to fix this slight mishap and I'll be back!!!!

Next time, a flight report that hopefully will last more than 30 seconds.

0 comments



Recommended Money Makers

  • Chitika eMiniMalls
  • WidgetBucks
  • Text Link Ads
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates