Today I got my first EDF ( electric ducted fan ) RC jet. A BlitzRCWorks F-35 scale model, with a 64mm edf unit and ready to fly. EDF RC jets have be come really popular lately, so I thought I'll try one..........

Opened the box, first impressions.... "fully sick". A real nice scale body made of glueable foam. Which is always a good think when "the sun got in my eyes" excuses start happening.
It did come ready to fly, which means dodgy radio,receiver and servos. Those will be the items that I will be replacing with quality stuff. I just don't want a servo to lock-up when I am doing that low speed pass.
Comes with LiPo battery,charger and LiPo balancer. Mmmmm, personnally I would stay in the same room when you will be charging, just in case a electrical smell starts developing.

Otherwise, a nice looking RC jet that will fly like
this, I hope.....

Next post I'll let you know how the gluing of the wings,tail etc went. The swapping out of the cheapo servos and how the flap linkage works. Then hopefully a test run, without the EDF sucking up the speed controller....

0 comments



Recommended Money Makers

  • Chitika eMiniMalls
  • WidgetBucks
  • Text Link Ads
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates